AFR Import Specialist
Our Client handles in excess of 4,500 import shipments a month for a variety of customers from all business sectors.
We have a vacancy for an Import Specialist to join a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities to support the overall London Airfreight operation and fulfil the needs of our customers. The aim of the role is to achieve a positive impact on customer loyalty, retention and growth by providing an efficient support service to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for AOG / Perishable / Valuable and General Cargo Imports.
- Primary tasks include arranging deliveries and Customs clearances for all types of Import shipments.
- Deliver excellent customer service and support to a range of Import Customers.
- Provide timely updates on service issues and solutions.
- Handle exceptions pro-actively with quick response times within agreed timelines.
- Resolve complaints and respond to queries within agreed timelines.
- Work closely with Breakbulk, Invoicing and Transport/Warehouse teams to ensure successful handling of all customer business.
- Provide appropriate communication and correspondence to internal customers.
- Co-ordinate own work with other teams to ensure the best outcome.
- Constructively question current processes and standards and offer solutions to identify improvement opportunities.
- Take ownership to ensure that improvements and innovations in own department are implemented.
- Adhere to Customs Compliance procedures and documentation.
- Work pro-actively to ensure the needs of the customer and business are met or exceeded.
- Ensure the Job Files are fully and accurately completed reflecting all commercially relevant information and services provided.
- Liaise directly with Customers to understand and obtain instructions for AFR import shipments.
- Liaise directly with Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Liaise directly with DGF departments on shipment planning and coordination.
- Liaise directly with overseas offices on shipment planning and coordination.
- Maintain mandatory milestones and remarks through Logis.
- Manage Customs Entry exceptions with the entry operations team.
- Create delivery and related paperwork to ensure correct freight movement according to customer expectation.
- Apply commercial understanding to ensure shipment profitability in addition to correct and timely invoicing.
- Update GCCS with all required inputs including root cause and solution when assigned.
- Support the measurement of Key Performance Indicators and achievement of KPI targets.
- Contribute to the First Choice continuous improvement program.
- Actively participate in Regular Team briefing sessions.
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training.
- Any other import related tasks delegated by Import Management.
THIS JOB VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL LIST OF AIR FREIGHT SALES JOBS BELOW