Trade Sales Director (UK)
You will be responsible for maximizing demand creation and creating a compelling Value Proposition, supporting growth, innovation and profit plan requirements. We are looking for an inspiring Power and lighting sales leader benefiting from successful team management experience in managing National and Major distributors. You may expect to be commuting nationwide for about 75% of the time. Ideally based within the Greater London region, however we may consider other locations.
- Develop, inspire, and motivate a proactive and entrepreneurial team capable of pursuing and developing project opportunities for all primary electrical products.
- The establishment of key strategic relationships with major national contractors and developers including the signing of framework trade agreements with these companies.
- Develop specific major regional contractor business plans to be supported by business development managers working in alignment with regional account managers.
- Develop robust project pipelines maintained on CRM, sufficient to support annual sales targets.
- Work in a coordinated and aligned manner with segment leaders and channel managers to fully support key end markets and key route to market partners.
- Meets/Exceeds annual targets as set in Profit Plan and APEX
- Represent organisation at senior levels within the industry to enhance our total solutions provider’s profile
- Understand major competitor’s tactics, organization, distribution, strategy and pricing.
- Sound knowledge of balance sheet management, cash flow, complex selling processes, people leadership skills, outsource analysis and risk assessment.
- Implement appropriate training for personnel and customers
- Define performance metrics and evaluates and interprets data to drive performance improvement and productivity throughout the organization
- Minimum of Undergraduate University degree, preferably business related.
- Strong working knowledge of Lighting & Power products
- Successful sales team management experience
- Strong knowledge and contact base within the UK electrical wholesale channel