Specification Sale Engineer
To be positioned as the undisputed preferred choice with key influencers such as Consulting Engineers, Main Contractors, M&E Contractors and End Users within the HVACR sector.
To increase the presence and penetration of our clients product range through increased specification and endorsement higher up the project chain.
- Produce appropriate designs to meet external tender specifications from client groups. Present to clients to promote the selection as a preferred supplier for tenders.
- Ensure agreed targets are met or exceeded within the set timeframes to contribute towards the achievement of overall targets.
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships (including customer visits) to generate future sales opportunities, ensuring the promotion of features and benefits
- Brief Internal Sales Engineers in the Sales team on customer opportunities to enable them to produce detailed design specifications and quotations.
- Ensure successful tenders are handed over to the sales team in a timely and effective manner to enable them to proceed with the order and manage the account (e.g. pricing and sales closure).
- Ensure CRM is effectively used for all areas of the role eg: project tracking / sales cycle process / customer activities & tasks / calander planning / lead management.
- Monitor customers’ business development and market trends and feed back to Area Sales Manager to enable appropriate responses to be actioned.
- Ensure effective networking and communication with internal and external partners, take ownership of “your” specified projects providing necessary information up and down the project chain.
- Continuously review HVACR solution and exceed customer expectations through carbon reduction technology, application of control options and turn key solutions matched with local market knowledge.
- Keep abreast of industry related issues & legislation that position them as the fountain of commercial knowledge for the customer needs.