SERVICE OPERATION LEAD – LONDON
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a service operation lead to become of a rapidly growing division within a global leading manufacture of heating and cooling applications. The role offers a lot of diversity along with being able to be part of the central hub for the UK. The business boasts a global turnover exceeding $17 billion along with a reach spanning over 50 countries
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
Establishing and monitoring the technical standards required by Field Service Engineers and Service Partners to provide service excellence to our customers. Build and develop partnerships with service organisations, support field service engineers, service partners and field administration team with high level technical guidance and field coaching.
- Provide operational and technical support to a team of Field Service Engineers and external Service Partners who will support equipment and Residential or Commercial premises with commissioning, servicing and fault diagnosis.
- Give guidance to Field Service Administrators on specific resources (people, parts, equipment) needed to carry out particular jobs and identify the method statements and risk assessments needed for the job.
- Develop bespoke method statements and risk assessments, when generic documentation does not fit the job to be carried out.
- Review and give feedback on field reports provided by Field Service Engineers, ensuring technical content is accurate and ensuring additional actions are carried out, i.e. return visit.
- Review and propose improvements to reporting process to increase efficiency, accuracy of reports and manual interventions.
- Work with Service Manager to ensure the field service systems and processes used are providing an efficient and effective service to customers. Make proposals to Service Manager to improve work areas.
- Be aware of any potential customer satisfaction issues by analysing field service data and feedback from FSEs and work with Product Champions [for product] and to Service Manager [for installation] towards a satisfactory customer resolution.
- Identify technical competences, product knowledge and behaviours required by FSEs and Service Partners to make sure that site visits are conducted in a consistent, professional and effective manner. Give feedback where standards are not at the required level.
- Monitor performance by reviewing field reports and improving performance by attending site with FSEs to undertaking informal reviews and coaching. Using outcomes to contribute to the PDR process [setting objectives, contributing to the management consensus meetings and on occasions giving direct feedback].
- Create a development plan for each FSE that is monitored and followed up on a regular basis.
- Responsible for managing the Service Partner relationship from recruitment, regular assessment and ongoing monitoring to making recommendations to Service Manager to renew or cease contract. Liaising with the service partner to ensure SLA is being adhered to and technical staff are trained, certified and equipped at the right level.
- Establish monitoring procedure for service partners to ensure work is at the required technical and customer service standards and training is being undertaken. Making sure they have the right technical skills and certification to work with products and are working within corporate guidelines and adhering to service level agreements.
- Monitor Service Partner work levels to ensure they are provided with an appropriate level of work to continue the partnership.
- Develop and deliver a monthly report to update the FQS Manager on all aspects of the Service Partner business.
- Disseminate all appropriate Health & Safety and Industry Legislation to the right technical staff and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Develop and document an inventory of tools and spares to be carried by FSEs and Service Partners; and carry out an annual stock check to ensue service provision is at optimum level.
- Represent the business at high profile ‘problem’ sites where site issues are in dispute and work with customer, our sales teams and the installer to resolve issues efficiently and effectively for the customers.
- Promote the Corporate Philosophy and ensure Core Values and Corporate Ethics are adhered to in all company matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Education: degree level or equivalent vocational qualification or experience in a technical discipline
- Must have extensive experience in similar roles
- The role holder will either have or previously attained some or all of the following and be prepared to attain relevant qualifications in order to carry out the role:
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
- Safe Handling of Refrigerants/F-Gas certification
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Heating & Ventilating
- Gas Safe
- CCN1 Core domestic gas safety
- CEN1 Install, exchange, disconnect, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic gas fired central heating/hot water boilers and circulators up to 70Kw
- CPA1 Combustion performance analyser
- CONGLP1PD Changeover domestic natural gas to LPG – Permanent dwellings
- BPEC Certification unvented hot water storage systems
- BPEC Certification water regulations
- Supervisor or Lead role in a technical services / solutions HVACR sector; experience of working with high profile customers
- Comprehensive hands on experience and knowledge of products & services and customers
- Good problem solving skills
- Project management experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- IT, analytical, control and report writing skills
- Detailed knowledge of H&S and HVACR legislation
- Positive flexible attitude, with a can-do approach to solving challenges