South West London
Our client is a dominant manufacture of heating, cooling and renewable technologies. They’ve been identified as the gold standard within the market place due to their constant innovation. They’re currently looking to appoint a sales planner to join their team who will be able to consolidate, monitor and analyse UK market data and trend to inform and advise on sales strategies. You will be supporting Product Managers, Branch Managers and Sales team across the UK.
- Through regular engagement with market, customers and sales teams, validate and collate information to assist with both Sales Management and Strategic Direction.
- Analyse market data and provide supporting information on UK sales strategy to support branches regarding Branch Strategy, Customer Mix Analysis, GM Analysis, Customer Discount and Rebate negotiation.
- Assist and inform branch employees to assist in achievement of self-sufficient analytical capabilities.
- Ensure internal processes and documentation are completed in line with company procedures incorporating analysis, supporting data and alignment with sales strategy as required.
- Involvement in the sales budget and revised budget cycles including preparation of the pack file and data analysis.
- Responsible for operational Sales Forecast (fortnightly). Prepare six monthly forecast based on data received from branches, orders, market and seasonality trends, in liaison with Supply Planning regarding latest availability and short-term trends. European manufacturing for the UK will be based on this forecast; accuracy of forecasting is monitored and reported back to UK senior management (by European operations);
- Prepare and validate Operational Sales Forecast (monthly/EMM) – based on consolidated information received from branches, product managers and wholesale distribution. Review and analyse data to take account of seasonality and market trends.
- EMM / MMR / TD / M&T Sales Updates – prepare updates for the European business of previous months’ results per unit, product groups, by volume, value and gross margin; plus 4 month sales and orders forecast. Incorporating interpretation of branch forecasts, manufacturing plans, market share information and competitor analysis;
- Prepare Master Plan quantities for long term production.
- Ensure proper maintenance and accuracy of data within all reporting systems (SAP, BW, CRM and Dashboard),
- Upload pricing, rebates and discount levels onto SAP – ensuring all data is accurate, in line with policy and per approved Sales Plan;
- Prepare analysis of performance against budget (result & pipeline) – per branch and overall to report to senior management and the European arm. Utililse and analyse results, market data etc. to investigate and advise on anomalies/considerations.
- Prepare monthly Rebate Report and accrual figures for finance and corporate planning – per discount levels and agreements with customers. Ensure reported/accrued sales figures (SAP, Accounts) reflect correct customer terms;
- Calculation of commissions – quarterly and year-end. Liaise with other departments to ensure all commission is accurately calculated taking into account changes in customer accounts, discounts, credit control etc.
- Upload and maintain targets per customer account within SAP, reflecting changes of sales engineer as appropriate through the year;
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis and project work as required – for senior management, Branch Managers and the European arm.