Product Specialist – Heating
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (HEATING) – CENTRAL LONDON
A unique opportunity has presented itself to work for a global leader in the heating and cooling markets. Having won an iconic London residential project my client is now looking to appoint a heating specialist who can act as the expert on site dealing with installs, commissioning and applications.
To be the link between the Product Champions Group and Field Service operations to ensure up to date product knowledge and knowledge transfer to both external and internal customers – engineers, Service Partners and employees.
The job holder will be responsible for development and delivery of product training to both internal and external customers. The product range is continuously evolving, and the job holder is responsible for ensuring its customers are equipped with the knowledge and experience to install and maintain our products.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Working within a team of Product Specialists to provide expert technical support internally and externally; support would be delivered on site and by phone.
- When directed by Product Champion, capture information to develop and deliver new technical product information into the field for training and information purposes, using different types of communication methods.
- Gives high level technical support on specific product to Field Service Managers to cascade internally / externally.
- To maintain and improve product knowledge by undertaking any training necessary for the effective execution of the role.
- Capture product information to escalate to Product Champions; product champions will then exchange information with FQS experts within the business globally to improve product reliability across the Group.
- Record product faults; monitor incidents to see if this is a local or more global product issue.
- Make technical decisions on warranty claim and spare parts issues that have been escalated by the Warranty Department.
- Technical product knowledge would be utilised to improve: installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, maintenance, quality, new products, product update, Spares and Warranty. Ensure all relevant information is transferred, understood and accessible by stakeholders.
- Support Product Champion with critical feedback on technical content and accuracy of all after sales documentation in order to improve overall quality.
- Develop Technical training content and deliver high quality training programmes to both the customer and employees of the company, at various locations, in line with annual training schedule.
- Provide information to Product Champion for inclusion in monthly performance reports.
- To ensure job holder and direct reports comply with health and safety requirements; keep up to date with changes in legislation regarding the handling of refrigerants, and any other types of good trade practice or legal requirements. Ensure all necessary Risk Assessments, Method statements, Safe systems of work, Site H & S, F Gas certification, Skill cards, etc. are current for all direct reports.