Product Director -Smart Lighting
Defines and implements product strategies to achieve profit objectives leading the Product Portfolio from ‘cradle to grave’.
Managing cross functionally for portfolio profitability and providing front-line product and application support to stakeholders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines Product Strategy and New Product Development Roadmaps for assigned segment, working with Head of Industrial Design and in line with overall company strategy.
- Execution of strategy with active management of the product lifecycle, controlling SKU count and managing product performance against budget, with corrective tactical action.
- Preparation of market and product briefs, managing both the product development and launch process, for profitable growth.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of segment products, applications, competitors, products and lighting industry practices.
- Provides cross functional leadership for assigned category.
- Price: Key influencer in the preparation of price and ‘pricing corridors’ to maximise profitability of products within the category.
- Data: Maintains the Product Database for assigned products to ensure content accuracy to feed ERP and Marketing resources such as catalogues and websites.
- Marketing: Leadership of promotional materials, product packaging, labels and user instructions ensuring compliance with both corporate guidelines and legal requirements.
- Supply Chain: Work in close liaison with the supply chain team, giving guidance on product sales forecasting for the product category, ensuring inventory remains at acceptable levels and stock turn targets are achieved.
- Define and execute product improvements and value analysis.
- Ability to support the sales force in front of the customer, to secure profitable business.
- Ability to plan present and implement training to ensure Group staff develop product and technical knowledge appropriate to role. As required deliver training for end customers.
- Achieve agreed budgeted financial and non-financial outcomes.
- At the time of product deletion, ensure final inventory sale and removal from marketing materials including the offering of substitutes/alternatives.