Lead Service Engineer (BEMS)
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Lead Engineer to join a highly reputable global leader within the BEMS space. Operating in over 50 countries worldwide they have established themselves as the #1 player within the controls space. They’re able to provide the entire solution designed from scratch and bespoke to their clients needs. One of the best business when it comes to training a development where they’re able to offer numerous courses and opportunities to progress into different areas of the business.
The purpose of this position is to perform and provide expert BMS skills in maintenance, testing, engineering, programming, designing, and start-up technical support across any type of electrical (BMS) or mechanical equipment, systems and subsystems (including software where applicable) from simple to moderately complex in nature. Performs work on diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems (both hardware and software). As a field service engineer you may provide technical training, coaching, and work direction to other Service engineers and technicians.
- Technical and Job-Related Responsibilities:
- Service and maintenance of the businesses and third party equipment (as per trade expertise).
- Supervision of field installation, cabling.
- Determine equipment and accessory needs for implementation and inform FSL in time.
- Carry out design works, programming of HVAC controllers, Access Control Panels.
- Install EBI, prepare graphics and necessary programming works as per specifications.
- Be ready on the job site during temporary or final acceptance.
- Availability for and performance of duties outside of normal working hours as per agreed rosters and as directed.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure customer satisfaction through direct liaison with client representatives, customers and service recipients.
- Ensure delivery of value to clients and customers.
- Financial control according to previously agreed budgets and plans.
- Cost Control & Productivity
- Cost and time minimize the project.
- Support FSL for project cost and progress reporting.
- Analyse backward completion of the projects with difficulties/mistakes met and make necessary suggestion for organization tuning accordingly.
- Create new sales opportunities during the application of the project.
- Estimate and Risk Reviews
- Report possible future failures, disturbances and other opportunities for improvement.
- Estimate materials costs and quantities provide the information to the FSL, and Service Sales.
- Quality, Measurement and Documentation
- Development and maintenance of site-specific documentation and quality assurance information as instructed by team leader.
- Follow the SOPs, quality systems while delivering the periodic maintenance services as well as the execution of extra works.
- Achievement, measurement and reporting of performance indicators and site service objectives.
- Health, Safety and Statutory Compliance
- Carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks as per company policy and procedures.
- Report near misses, incidents and other opportunities for improvement.