About the job
As the Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for producing detailed designs of electrical, controls and power systems for refrigeration plants and associated equipment, ensuring that we conform to statutory regulations, customer’s specifications an the company’s standards.
You will also work with Refrigeration Systems Design and Software Development Engineers to produce cost effective solutions whilst meeting the electrical design criteria.
- Provide electrical designs, drawings, instructions, and recommendations, to meet current and future EC legislation and directives.
- Oversee the electrical design work of subcontractors and electrical panel suppliers.
- Produce Electrical and Electronic schematic diagrams for controls and power circuits.
- Specify equipment and components required (PLC’s, MCC Panels, gas detection systems, drive motors, controls etc.)
- Produce purchase requisitions for electrical/electronic equipment including documentation and delivery requirements.
- Check and approve suppliers and sub-contractors, drawings and documentation.
- Provide advice and assistance to Sales and Project Engineers on all Electrical/Controls matters.
- Produce wiring diagrams/ schedules for tender and installation purposes.
- Inspect and test control and starter panels at the supplier’s works.
- Provide technical assistance to Commissioning Engineers.
- Check and assist in the production of plant operating and service manuals.
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects throughout the year.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Works on own initiative.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office, including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.