Design & Proposals Engineer
Due to the infrastructure throughout the UK you will have the opportunity to be based out of a local office.
- To have responsibility for quoting and securing circa £2m per annum of profitable contracting works relating to refrigeration and process cooling installations.
- Show capabilities to widen the customer base to include new contracts and customers within the refrigeration industry not at present doing business with them my client.
- Support contracts engineer in execution involving design, purchasing and contract management.
- To accurately estimate projects identifying the correct tailored solution to meet the customers’ requirements
- In conjunction with SE Area Manager to ensure maximum coverage within the regions to secure the required level of contacting business
- To carry out design and proposals within the bounds of our “in-house knowledge”, discuss and agree sales margins with management and to ensure that these margins are achieved and maintained at contract completion
- To correctly plan and meet time lines in processing enquires to ensure the company meets the customer commitments
- To assist and exercise proper control over work in progress, ensuring speedy job completion
- To ensure that the company’s technical safety standards are maintained and to make recommendations for improvements as necessary
- Verification of supplier invoicing against orders raised and the preparation of a detailed sales invoice(s), in accordance with the company operating procedures
- To accurately evaluate contract performance, to report on this performance monthly and to accurately forecast short term future business
- Good technical knowledge, application and experience in large commercial and industrial refrigeration systems
- Recognised indentured apprenticeship (Mechanical and/or Electrical) plus minimum five years as/or Proposals/Design/Contacts/Project Engineer
- Technical sales and quoting experience with all aspects of refrigeration and air conditioning essential (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Good communicator, both verbal and written