Customer Service Representative
Work within a customer-focused team environment. Provide prompt and courteous handling of all customer service aspects, which may include but not limited to; customer inquiries, correspondence via fax messages, e-mail, and telephone calls.
- Receive, research and respond to customer inquiries and requests via phone, fax, mail, e-mail or in person.
- Process orders/quotes by entering catalog numbers/descriptions, pricing, and terms and conditions.
- Respond to inquiries regarding shipping/delivery dates, order changes/cancellations, and quotations, etc.
- Acknowledge / Re-acknowledge order to set customer delivery expectations based on customer requirements and/or an established production plan. Work with the Sales team to establish priorities and administer product allocation when the demand is greater than the supply of the product.
- Check credit status of customer with Accounting as appropriate.
- Analyze and resolve order problems which may either be system or customer related. Reconcile reports which tracks system inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Compile documentation, records, written correspondence and files pertinent to customer orders, complaints, etc. Maintain follow up report on open quotations and all hold for release orders.
- Maintain basic familiarity with products, applications, pricing, warranties, sales policies and procedures, etc.
- Maintain working relationships with supporting departments (such Application Engineering, Operations, etc.).
- Perform limited troubleshooting such as ensuring parts ordered are complete.
- Participate in departmental/team meetings and training programs.
- Process and follows up on less complex customer complaints requiring reimbursement (such as late shipment), repair (such as damaged product) or replacement. Reviews warranty claims. Develops and manages return materials authorization (RMA) processes for ensuring customer returns, exchanges, service and repairs are done with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
- Follow Customer Service Behavioral Expectations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above set expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree desired or 2+ years of previous customer service experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Information System such as Oracle or SAP or similar.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret general business documents and technical procedures. Ability to write proficiently and respond to professional business correspondence IE: letters, faxes, and e-mails. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from multiple disciplines.
- Business fluency in English required; Italian language skills highly preferred to interact with team in Florence, IT.
- Excellent capability of teamwork.
- Excellent daily work organization skills.
- High level of attention and precision on work flow execution.