- The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for development of sales of the our clients portfolio in line with the achievement of overall business objectives with respect to sales, margin and new product introduction.
- The role is essentially geared towards the development of long term relationships with key distributors in their area in order to deliver significant sales increase. Activities will include increasing the presence of the Knightsbridge brand in the branch, increasing the number of supporting stockists in the area, ensuring new products are listed in branch upon launch and ensuring the Knightsbridge brand has online presence with key wholesaler outlets.
- In addition to the development of a key supporting stockist network, we would also expect the candidate to have a good knowledge of electrical contractors in the area to help generate demand for the ever popular Knightsbridge brand.
- The ASM will be the primary interface between our client and the customer to maximise full customer satisfaction by proactively supporting the customer and problem solving.
- The ASM is also responsible for driving sales and margin of the product portfolio on a monthly basis, reporting upsides and shortfalls to their Regional Sales Manager.
- The ASM will provide market, competitor and customer intelligence to other functions within the organization as and when required.
Key Result Areas
- Achievement of sales/profit targets.
- Completion of call plan of 6 calls per day
- Increase the number of supporting stockists in the specified geographic area
- Ensure Knightsbridge products are displayed instore and on line
- Development and regular review of territory plans v target
- Prompt and satisfactory resolution of customer issues Personal Specification
- Highly motivated self confident individual capable of working autonomously as well as part of a wider UK sales team
- Fast paced and energetic with a desire to consistently over achieve targets
- Organised and capable of territory and customer planning
- Working knowledge and experience of working through wholesale and contractor channels
- Swift resolution to Problem solving
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent Presentation and Communications skills
- Highly competitive market salary
- Unique uncapped sales commission scheme offering c 30% OTE and significantly more for growth
- Flexible choice of company car renewed every 2 years
- Plus a full range of benefits befitting this important role