APPLICATION ENGINEER – MIDLANDS
Opportunity to work for a global leading manufacturer of heating and cooling solutions. Regularly pushing the boundaries of innovation which has been recognised by numerous industries awards. Established in commercial, residential and industrial applications. They can offer full training and development within their division which would even challenge the most experienced engineers within the HVACR arena. Whilst their head office is based in the south east they have offices in almost every major city across the UK.
- Ensure high quality pre-sales technical response to enquiries, providing pre-sales product technical information along with advise on proposed design solutions for both clients and sales teams ( External and internal)
- Provide technical design solutions using the full Product Portfolio, that meet and exceed customer specifications and sales’ briefings.
- Use design software packages to produce pre-sales technical submissions as required. Advise and support colleagues’ using the design software. (IES Software)
- Generate detailed quotations for the product (complying with cost policies and terms and conditions) achieving optimum performance for customers’ budget.
- Contribute to the preparation of design solution case studies to further promote the brand image.
- Ensure own knowledge of both my clients and their competitors’ products and their applications; the market and relevant standards and regulations is kept up to date.
- Ensure all sections of the quality assurance system relating to the Internal Sales activity are adhered to.
- Undertake administrative duties related to the role (e.g. reporting) in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Ad hoc duties as required by the Application Team Leader.
- Provide specialist design application knowledge and support when attending customer visits with sales colleagues.
- Create and deliver high quality design application presentations to customers at events and seminars as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of and deliver training courses to customers as required in the subjects of design, selection and application of the current product offering.
- Devise and deliver pre-sales technical training within the business in collaboration with the training team, to support and strengthen colleagues’ pre-sales application product knowledge.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to engineers and apprentices within the Applications team.